Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Getting Back to Routine...

It was dark and gloomy yesterday as it rained the entire day.

"Today is Monday? Isn't it?", my husband asked this morning... I actually had to think about it...

After listening to the weather report this morning and hearing that it was going to get seriously cold around here by this afternoon and snow Thursday/Friday I got up and started taking down all the Christmas decorations! The tree was undecorated and out the door in very little time... it was a pretty tree... it's now by the curb waiting to be picked up and recycled and repurposed into garden mulch... I took down all the Christmas lights that were wrapped around the front porch. Since it is going to snow I don't want them to get frozen to the railing indefinitely... we had lights and some christmas reindeer that got frozen into the ground/covered so deep in snow one year that it was the end of March before we could remove them!

I left a few things around the house to lessen the shock of losing all the decorations for my daughter... they can get packed away next weekend...

It's nice to have things back to semi-normal... now I have to sit down tomorrow and work on some things for school before we go back on Thursday... but then again if it snows enough maybe we won't be going back just yet... I wouldn't mind Thursday and Friday off...


My other cat, Sweetie Pie has been sitting at my feet all afternoon... well, it's back to doing laundry, then maybe I will finish the cowl I have been working on since yesterday... I'm liking how it looks but I'm not enjoying crocheting the pattern... it involves too much thinking and my brain just wants to be on auto-pilot at the moment... I love the flower brooch that goes with it!

Two more days and back to normalcy......     :)

No comments:

Post a Comment