Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

What a Week!!!






What a week!!!  Play props to finish.  Backdrop for play to finish.  Grades to get together and post.  Presented at a STEM to STEAM workshop and on top of all that a child at home with the flu....

Now said child has an ear infection on top of it and it being Sunday there are no Doctors hours so the Doc sent us over to the emergency room...  Four hours later we have finally gotten home...






On the brighter side...  It's the start of a brand new week!  Tomorrow I have to get second grade to finish up their backdrop for their music play.  After school during our PLC I'm meeting with my principal and other special subject teachers to discuss SLO's for next year.  I know a lot of you out there are already implementing them in special subject areas but they are just coming down the pike here in NJ.  Find out tomorrow if I have to have them written and approved before the end of this school year or if I have the Summer to work on them... Tthey are to be in place for the 2013-2014 school year.  

I have already started to research Visual Art SLO's, so I have some kind of a clue as to what they look like in other states.  If any of you have any thoughts, suggestions or links to Visual Art SLO's please comment and let me know!  I am venturing into unknown territory here people and I am the only elementary art educator in my district!  So, suggestions, advice from those of you are are already implementing them would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks & Have a Great Week! :)
Mrs.C

2 comments:

  1. Have a good week too Mrs. C! What are SLOs? I just finished up our PLC's at my school. We ventured into technology and ESL. So much to do and so little time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SLO's are Student Learning Objectives... I will have to assess my students on them at the beginning(for a benchmark) middle and end to show what they have learned /achieved during the year. They are going to be included as part of my annual review next year. I will find out more tomorrow, since we are just starting to implement them next year for the first time my principal told me that we are going to start out slow because the state is still making changes as to what they want to see.(sigh) I will keep you all informed!

    ReplyDelete