Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Peace



Hoping everyone had a peaceful Thanksgiving!  As we enter the Holiday Season, take some time to remember what is really important...  As I sit here drinking my coffee I am watching the morning news...  It's filled with stories of Black Friday shopping.  Pictures of  people waiting in lines to get into stores to shop, for what?  Is it really that important to get that TV or the latest toy before everyone else?  Relax...  Take some time to spend with your family and friends, make some holiday decorations, bake some cookies to share, donate food and holiday gifts to your local Help Center for those less fortunate than you.

I promised my daughter that I would go into the attic and pull out the garland and lights for the inside stair railing.  I will gather greens from our property to fill my flower boxes and hang the wreaths on the front porch.  Mostly, I will take time to reflect on what I have and that I am lucky to have it.

PEACE

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your insightful message. I agree, after watching on the news, the horror of Black Friday shopping. Is it REALLY that important? The value that people put on material things is awful, but the retailers and parent companies are also to blame.
    I hope YOU had a wonderful weekend. Cynthia S.

    ReplyDelete